The technological trajectories for research and innovation of the are:
- improvement of logistics and freight transport processes, including security and safety;
- green Logistics;
- logistics and technologies for manufacturing systems and the agri-food chain
improvement of logistics and freight transport processes, including security and safety;
This technological trajectories includes:
- the analysis of distribution processes;
- the analysis of transport modes;
- optimization of distribution processes through reduction of distribution costs through the use of simulation techniques and optimization of distribution processes;
- the introduction of new technologies and integrated systems for the real-time tracking of transport and distribution processes;
- analysis and improvement of inventory management along the entire supply chain;
- the design of logistics networks;
- analysis and improvement of management during the distribution of the production mix:
- the definition and implementation of advanced ICT systems for distribution control;
- the improvement of warehouse management processes;
- the definition and implementation of advanced ICT systems for warehouse management;
- optimization of inventory management;
- the analysis of internal transport and optimization of the use of vehicles;
- improvement of levels of efficiency and internal productivity with reference to vehicle maintenance;
- improvement of the management of storage and warehouse areas;
- the use of new technologies for the analysis of internal processes (optimization techniques, simulation, what if analysis)
Security is intended as the degree of protection against danger, damage, loss, protection of places and facilities. Security includes video surveillance, remote control, burglar alarm, burglar alarm systems, etc.
Safety concerns occupational safety and personal protection. The “safety” includes all the measures and devices aimed at preventing or reducing accidents at work. Examples are: fall protection systems from scaffolding; face, eyes, hands, respiratory tract protection; fire prevention, etc.
As regards the specific area of the Pole, particular attention must be paid to security in port areas in which there are particular issues related to worker safety.
The protection of the environment is a very important theme against which, evidently due to its importance, there is considerable attention from both the public and the legislators. The main rules and regulations include, for example, the EMAS (1221/2009 / CE), the family of ISO standards (ISO 14000). The objectives of the research lines in this area relate in particular to the processes connected with the activities of the reference areas of the Logistics center in order to evaluate and reduce the environmental impact. For the short term, the research lines will mainly concern the environmental problems related to the processes with the greatest environmental impact related to port activities.
Logistics and technologies for manufacturing systems and the agri-food chain
For the manufacturing systems and the agro-food chain priorities should be directed to the optimization of physical and information flows in the chain between production and marketing, integration with innovative packaging systems and the activation of procedures standardization. Of particular importance is the coordination between supply chain actors, information and logistics platforms for the aggregation of productive resources and skills